FINDING AUDREY

I have to start off by saying that this was my favourite read in 2015.
 

There were highs and lows throughout the story and I really felt like I experienced these with Audrey. Perhaps it would have been a good idea to write this review straight after I had finished the book but... I haven't, and won't, forget the story. What I liked the most, was the genuine and realistic touch.
 
Audrey had some issues at school and as a result, developed an Anxiety Disorder. A pair of dark sunglasses that Audrey wore, made her feel like there was a barrier between her and other people. Audrey did not like other people looking directly into her eyes so this was a way of her feeling slightly protected!
 
Frank, Audrey's brother, has an obsession with computer games which meant that his new friend (Linus) visits the house regularly to play games with Frank. It wasn't hard to predict that Linus and Audrey develop feelings for each other. Chapter after chapter, Audrey was falling for Linus and with his help, she was over-coming some of her social anxiety fears. By the end of the book, Audrey had returned to a fun and bubbly teenager.
 
This is a book full of mixed emotions, from anxiety and nerves, to excitement and love - in one big rollercoaster! In 2015, I went on a Mental Health training course for my job. I have to say, this book taught me more about everyday life with anxiety, than the course did. Everybody, including myself, has experienced anxiety at some point in our life and for many different reasons. Audrey's case is a lot more severe, therefore her recovery much more empowering, which is what made the book so captivating.

I would recommend this to teens and young adults, especially those that may suffer with something of a similar nature.

It just shows that things are possible, no matter how bad they seem.
 
Z x


https://www.bloglovin.com/people/zoellewellyn-12400891

Comments